Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Lady-Like Sensibilities Won't Let Me Consider

I are in such a unique place in my life right now. All of my children are growing out of the I need my parents 24/7 stage. For this stay-at-home, I have dedicated my last 16 years to you solely, mom- I am not certain I like it. Let's take tonight as an example. The oldest has gone to his bedroom to go to bed (he is my early to bed, early to rise guy.) The middle child is lost somewhere in the trenches of his own room and the baby (not much of one anymore as she will be 11 on Sunday) is in her room drawing. I sit here alone. Talking to myself. Blogging to myself actually.

Jacie and I went to see Broadway's Wicked today. I was so excited. I have always worked to have culture in the kids' lives and could not wait to introduce my little girl to it. She hated it! I could tell that she was bored from the start. Then she started fiddling with her hair, shoe and anything else that wasn't nailed down. It went straight downhill from there. Suffice it to say, "I think I started too late for her."

Aww, shucks. At least I enjoyed the show. Greatly.

Jacie is a little more of a tomboy than even I was and that is saying something. She is made of sterner stuff than I as well. She does things on the farm that my lady-like sensibilities won't even let me consider. She also naturally carries a knife. She finds it handy. She is not worried about using it for defense but loves knowing that when she needs to cut into a bale of hay- she can. She is very practical minded. Perhaps that is why she was not able to grasp the musical aspects of today's performance...? Thank heavens she is such a cutie. I'm not sure that my broken heart could heal if she wasn't. She is such a piece of work. I was thinking about that today as I tried to keep her occupied through second half of Wicked.

"What have I done in my life to deserve such a gift?" That is the question that surfaces when I look into the faces of my family every day.

"Nothing. I could not have earned this, asked for it or known what I was missing without it." That is the absolute truth. I am grateful everyday that though I did not specifically ask to be where I am, God saw it in His great wisdom to place me here.

~For that I am grateful~

Camo Pants

How funny she thought it was that she held Rosy backward for this photo. Her babies are getting big and quite chubby. She is quite the little mother to them still. I thought that she would get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment