Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, July 16, 2013

She is My Foot Rubber


I wonder tonight how long I will continue to blog Jacie's journey. When do we arrive at the 'enough is enough' station? I have been blogging about her journey for over three straight years. Granted, I have slowed down since the inception but perhaps others are getting bored of me saying. "Jacie is well. Jacie is growing. Jacie is..."

Sometimes I think that I should move on. Close the blog, write the book and be done. Yet, how does one write a book while raising a very active family? How do I carve out the time? Is it worth the sacrifice that it will take to complete it? Perhaps no one wants t read another story of another adoption. So I blog on, in hopes that someday I will write the book. That others will want to read it. That the God that I serve can be glorified through the telling of Jacie's story. She has such an amazing one.

Jacie showed horses last weekend. She was so tired. I should not have made her do it because she had just gotten home from camp and then spent a day up at MSU for the boys to compete. She had no concentration. Yet, she sure looked cute. That was about all that she had going for her :)


She continues to desire to read. I read to her a lot. She loves to read about fairies and princesses...and superman and batman...and ninjas and pirates. Yup, there is just a little bit of girl mixed into this full-blown tomboy. I tell you what. I am a tomboy at heart and still cannot even come close to this gal. She is so happy and content in her role as a young ninja/superhero. She loves to wrestle and argue. She is in her muck boots more than any other shoe. Her hair really needs a style instead of mop top :) She is so distinctly herself, I wouldn't change a thing (though I have been tempted with the mop that she calls hair.) I cannot tell who this person has become in my life because I am not certain myself. She is so interwoven throughout all the facets of my life that I am not sure I could separate it out.
She is my daughter.

She is my friend.

She is my girl power partner.

She is my ninja princess.

She is my reading buddy.

She is my foot rubber (when I can convince her to.)

She is my heart.

I thank God daily for the role that she fills in my life and pray that I can give her half of what I desire for her (and her brothers.)

She is my blessing.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment