Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pretty Cool, I Would Say

I should not be up and blogging right now- We have an incredibly busy weekend which starts bright and early tomorrow morn but I cannot resist. I have neglected this part of my heart for long enough. I truly love to blog. It is like having a conversation with the many people that surround my and Jacie's life. I miss it when it does not occur, which is the norm right now.
You have missed so much, I am not certain where to start. First, Jacie is well. She is getting tall. She is turning into quite a young lady. She can still argue with the boys, wrestle like a bear and fight like a ninja but I see little bits of girl poking through. All of her toughness gives way when she sees little kittens or hears stories of people in pain. She has a beautiful heart.

This summer she has been very busy swimming, riding her horse AND riding her bike. This is an amazing thing for her. She rode only with training wheels last year and now she is riding around without that assistance, like a pro. She is even trying to teach herself how to ride without any hands. Pretty cool I would say. When she began riding, she had to manually pick her leg up and put it on her bike pedal. Now she begins riding without that step. Her hip and leg are getting stronger!! YAY!! She saw Dr. Nowicki yesterday. He loves that she is riding her bike and encouraged her to continue to do that, swim and ride her horse- all GREAT alternatives to therapy. As a homeschooling mom, I am used to creatively making important things happen for my kids. Now I just see it as home 'therapy'. Plugging Jacie in where she can get the most benefit for her physical and meeting her emotional and social needs as well. I never dreamed that I would be doing what I do everyday but it is an amazing journey. Jacie's feet, legs and hips will always have issues. It is just the way things are going to be but I can help her to stay active and able for as long as possible (I'm shooting for her whole life but hey, why not?)

She does carry daily soreness. I wish that I could lessen it for her. I cannot. I rub her feet. I rub her legs but they are still fused. They do not move. Muscles atrophy. It is the way of life. Here is what I can change. I can change her perspective. I can help her to see that the world around her has a lot to offer and all she needs to do is to go out and grab on to life. I can help her to get the best services. Then I can end those services when their helpfulness has ceased. Most of all I can teach her to live in the world happily, healthily and with great vigor The latter is definitely not an issue. She is an amazing testimony to what personality and strength can give a person. I am blessed everyday to walk with her.

Remember her as she will go in for her 2nd orthopedic surgery this year in about 2 1/2 weeks. She is not charmed to say the least.

Camo Pants

Sorry no pictures- blogger is being a brat tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment