Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Her Face Will Shatter My Heart

I am excited!!! Its almost Christmas time. This is one of my favorite times of the year. Apart from the twinkling of the lights, the hustle and bustle and the good food- I often reflect on the birth of a Savior who came to redeem. That makes the hard things in life seem so trite.

As I get older, I find that I do not need all of the gifts. There is so little that I have to have in order to be happy. My children make me happy. I look into the face of each of them and say a prayer of thanks. I have been given much more than I deserve. My life is nothing special. I am as human as people come. I make mistakes. I choose the wrong path. But God still blesses me- daily. He gives me great gifts. Why? If I got what I deserved...

Jacie is one of my greatest blessings. She continues to grow and get smarter everyday. I cannot place how I came about having her in my life. If you would have asked me [even] five years ago, I would have never thought that she and I would be living this journey. God is so much bigger than I ever thought. He has plans for my life that exceed my expectations daily. May I live each day that I am given to its fullest not focusing on the people and things that push into my life and try to steal my joy.

Jacie continues to wear a walking boot. It should come off next week but I am not certain that foot is quite right. I do not think that it is getting proper circulation. I am scared that she is going to need to have her foot broken and reset. That is such a painful ordeal. I do not look forward to looking into her precious face and telling her if it is needed. The tears that will well up in her eyes and find their way down her face will shatter my heart. I am not certain how much more I can take in this realm. She begs to not have these surgeries done but something is wrong with that leg- pray for her. I must note that I am musing here, I have not talked to her dr. concerning this. My heart just tells me something isn't right.

She is swimming in the winter swim club. She really loves to be in the water. It is hard to believe that she had never swam before we met her. She remains an incredible 'water baby.' I am a little afraid of the swim club because it seems as though it could be hard to find a niche in but for my swimmer I will put aside my uncomfortable 'ness' and ignore as much as possible. I think that coupled with a God that has my back- Jacie will have a great season!

I will try to attach a pic again. I haven't been able to for awhile.

God bless you as you walk your journey-

Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment