Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

44 Lbs. of Chocolate

When I was shopping today I had a hard time not buying Ying-Ying the things that I know she needs. It is so hard to wait...

Yet there is a part of all of us that know things might not go smoothly right away and dread the change as well. I guess you can't have it both ways, can you?

We are plodding along in our preparations. We are, of course, pig farmers by now (as we are every year at this time.) That takes more prep time. Thank goodness for my willing sister who will be the interim pig farmer and basic shepherd in the boys' place for the upcoming two weeks...As soon as I can get in the hay, balance the checkbook, wire our life savings to China and pack as much as humanly possible in a bag that can only weigh 44 lbs...I will be ready. I am the master of the impossible.

I am making everyone laugh with my cracks about packing 44 lbs of chocolate, in case of emergency and to help a little girl, who does not know me, enjoy my company even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment