Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Big Adenoids...Makes For a Loud Sleeper

My favorite days in all of summer...the rainy ones. When there is nothing pressing to be done and the family can just slow down a little and breathe the fresh, cool air that temporarily blows through. In my little world...it is one of the finer things in life.


 

In my last post I said that Jacie was growing. I wasn't kidding...I measured her last night and she measured half an inch taller. Wow, that's pretty good for a little over 6 weeks. I tell people that I grow them big...


 

She went to bed fairly well last night and fell asleep without much fuss. I think it made her tired to sleep so much because in the morning, she climbed into bed with me after Bart left and slept for another hour. We always let the boys crawl into bed with us in the morning, just not go to bed with us at night. It was pretty neat to have her comfortable enough to climb into bed and actually sleep...Except that she snores like a logger. I think that she might actually be one by the way she eats and sleeps.

The doctor did tell me that she had big adenoids...he,he she probably wouldn't like me telling you. What girl would?


 

She is itching to get ahold of the school books that I have ready for her. I have been 'putting them away' when she leaves the room, if you know what I mean...She does not understand English well enough to really use them correctly. Who has time to do school in the middle of the summer anyway?


 

Things are still going well. Every day, I notice differences in our lives and how comfortable we are. It is a big change to bring another person into your family...especially an older child. Only given time will the growth required for our family to resume as 'normal' though things will never be the same...I am sure they will be better. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment