Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Dearly Love to Laugh

Jacie's newest game revolves around bedtime and her intense desire to avoid it at all costs. Sound familiar? I know of at least two young men who liked to play the same game...just a small trip down memory lane for me.


 

Jacie continues to be stretched and pulled in her maturity and growth. There is so much that she doesn't seem to understand. Yet we have to keep living a 'normal' life and let the gaps in her understanding fill in naturally. This is where I struggle with patience. I want so badly for her to be able to understand why correction comes and how badly I (we) still care for her even when it does happen.


 

Tonight, while the children were preparing for bed, Jared was in the bathroom with the door closed. It is important to note that 5 seconds before he had been playing with her. After he shut the door, she kept opening it and trying to get in. Of course, Jared was not interested in playing anymore so he got upset that she was opening the door. I was trying to deal with it the most diplomatic way possible. Nope, not so lucky. Jacie misunderstood my 'handling' and got upset as well. Hmmm...


 

When she was getting ready to go to bed she would not give me a hug or kiss (which is her usual). Finally, after seeing that she wasn't going to budge, I let her go and told her to go to her bed. Then she began to fuss about not getting a hug...


 

I think another hmmm... is in order.


 

Hmmm...


 

What a tremendous opportunity it is to walk this journey though. It pushes me into a corner and makes me grow and develop as a person and as a mom. I am blessed to walking it...


 

Jacie makes me laugh so often. I love that about her. She has the capacity to light up a room with her smile. It is contagious. For that I am grateful ~for I dearly love to laugh~


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment