Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Luzz Bightyear and...Willy

I have to say, Jacie has had a great time yesterday and today playing with her Buzz and Woody mini figures. That mixed with a little begging for the 'big one' Buzz has made up the largest portion of her free time. To say that she is a fan might be a slight understatement. Perhaps the word stalker fits better...


 

I said her free time because she has been accomplishing school in between her missions (to infinity and beyond.) She has completed another book which puts me in a bind as to where to go from here. Her language stops her from progressing too much further into 1st grade but she has successfully completed two sets of kindergarten books. I do not want to bore her by setting her in front of another book of the same material. I am trying to put her on a three day schedule but have not been terribly successful because when the boys are doing school, she knows that she is supposed to as well. Not the worst dilemma to have as a home school mom I suppose.


 

Today, when she and I were at the secondhand store, we found her a stocking (well, two actually.) I have been thinking about Christmas and knew that I needed to pick out a stocking for her soon. I just hadn't gotten around to it yet which worked out in my favor. We found Buzz Lightyear and Woody the Cowboy stockings and they are very cute! Since Jacie as chosen these two fine fellows as her 'favorites'. I think I can rightly say, "Score."


 

Yesterday, while she was playing with Woody and Buzz, I stopped and listened to her. Her language, though coming along, is hard to decipher at times. She was laughing and having Woody and Buzz talk to each other. It really tickled me when I understood what she was saying...


 

Speaking for Buzz, she said: "Willy...Willy, you get over here right now. I am Luzz Bightyear..."


 

Oops, I think the wires got crossed on that one.


 

She is looking forward to Christmas though. When we were talking, she said that maybe everyone would get her a present because they like her. She will get a lot of presents but not from everyone because on some 'sides' we draw for names. I am not sure how to explain that but I will work on it. I think at this point, the biggest draw for Christmas is the 'big one' Buzz Lightyear as a gift...


 

Loren is currently beating Jacie up...I think that she likes it because as soon as he stops, she is right back at it with him. Their relationship has grown. I knew that it would given time. I remember writing in the beginning that it would take a little longer for Loren to 'warm up' but when he did she would be golden because he is incredibly loyal and true. That is exactly how it is playing out.


 

Your continued prayers are a blessing as we form these bonds of relationship making them pure and far-reaching. Perhaps borrowing from our good friend 'Luzz' for the best description of how deep and far-reaching we want these bonds to go:


 

To infinity and beyond...


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment