Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

"Ima Jacie..."

It seems like it has been a long time since I have updated this blog...fair week seems like three weeks pushed into one.

Jacie seemed to enjoy fair. I think in the beginning of the week, it was a little overwhelming. On the first day, Jacie and I were on our feet for seventeen hours. She was awful sore...


 

I then had Bart bring the 4-wheeler over to the fairgrounds to cut down on the walking and foot time. It helped greatly. I was worried that she would not be able to walk for a week after fair and then I would have to carry her...I did a lot of that this week. I am not very tall and carrying her is a little bit of a challenge.


 

She finally went on the rides. We found out that she is not a fan. I felt so bad for her. She was so excited, then rode a couple and said, "No, like." She pointed to her head and did a circle around it to show me dizzy. I think her 'eyes where bigger than her stomach' if you know what I mean. She finally settled into dragging her ten year old cousin onto the helicopters repeatedly. What a good sport he was since he is actually quite tall and could barely fit into the ride. The boys rode on the carousal with her as well. She liked that. You should have seen her when she rode the mini roller coaster. She was crying and screaming, "Ima scared...!" I tried to get the operator to stop the ride but he didn't. I felt terrible. When she got off she turned, gave the ride a 'dirty look' and said, "Jacie, no like." She never considered riding it again with the boys...


 

I am pleasantly surprised with her adaptability. A lot of activity and chaos happens during fair week and I almost think she enjoyed it. I know I struggled with her at night getting her to bed. She enjoyed seeing all of the people and helping her googas with their animals. She pointed to a horse and said, "Jacie's?" I laughed, "No!"

Later in the week, she pointed to Loren's goat and said, "Jacie's goat?" I said, "No, Loren's goat. " That sure riled her up. She said, "Jacie, no horse. Jacie, no goat...?" Then she put her hands on her hips and gave me the most annoyed look...


 

Her language is making great strides. It seems like every day she understands a little more and we use charades a little less. In the course of learning English, she is talking a lot more about China. She says things like, "In China, Jacie did this." She then inserted her fingers in her mouth. She said that when she had surgery, it hurt so bad that she sucked her fingers. She said that she got into trouble for it...


 

She also points at pictures and says, "Jacie, no here? Jacie in China."

She told me that she wants to go to China. I asked her if she wanted to sleep in China and she said, "NO!" She wants to take Bart and I to see when she gets big.


 

I also brought up her old name. I asked her if she wanted to use "Ying-Ying". Again, a resounding, "No!" She definitely has an opinion and isn't afraid to say it...


 

On the whole, she continues to become part of our immediate family and thus part of our world. The people around us have enjoyed getting to know her.


 

I will try to post the pictures of her with her stick horse, she was so proud to 'show' him at the fair. She was so cute when they asked her to say her name on the microphone. Without hesitating she said, "Ima Jacie..." The crowd loved it but probably not as much as her momma.


 

As much as I think that she liked the fair, I think that the pizza for every meal helped. It probably reminded her of China. I was so busy that the pizza vender knew us by name...just like the Pizza Hut workers in China.


 

Hope all is well. ~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment