Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ma Always Looks Better When She Sleeps

Jacie is learning about quiet mornings and how much happier ma is when she lets her sleep...hehehe...yes, I am a lazy daisy. Hey, I need all of the beauty sleep I can get.


 

Jacie is another Loren (before he hit a certain age.) She is up at the crack of dawn (loudly) and dragging all of us out of bed with her. I mumble something at her and lately she has been finding a book and occupying herself. Score! I have finally been able to get some sleep and catch up a little. I know that this will probably not be permanent...but for now I am going to bask in my sleeping glory.


 

I have not had the time to get Jacie's blood drawn again. I think I am dragging my feet because it was so terrible. I know that it is looming on the horizon though and I am not looking forward to it. It is basic tests so I feel that they can be put off safely for another week or so. I would love to be able to speak with her when she gets this done.


 

She is also supposed to start with her cavity fillings this month. Though again, I think that I will put it off until I can speak with her and have her understand.


 

She is still very funny and engaging. She teases like a pro and takes it in return, which I personally find pleasing. It is never any fun when someone teases but can't take it back.


 

Unfortunately, I do not have any funny stories to share. We all have been getting used to each other and enjoying the newness of the relationship. I was thinking how much Bart and I would miss the 'Ba' and 'Ma' that we hear so much when we become 'Dad' and 'Mom'...though that won't sound so bad either. Hope that your summer is full, rich and rewarding. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment