Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One Little Megaphone at the Local Wal-Mart

I bet you all thought that I fell off the end of the earth...Nope...not that lucky, sorry. We have been incredibly busy. It is good, just busy. On top of the busyness, we have a non-English speaking child in tow.


 

Okay, so that is not entirely true. She is not completely non-English speaking. Those of you who have recently been in the Wal-Mart (of within a 5 mile radius of it.) Know that she can say the words, "MA...LOOK." Yeah, sorry for yelling at you. I guess I am just so used to the highest decibel of the human voice that I forget where I am...


 

Thank goodness she is so cute. I know that she wants to talk to me and show me everything new that she sees. Unfortunately, she cannot communicate beyond basic words and charades. How frustrating for an eight year old...And how interesting for all of the other people in Wal-Mart.


 

Having said that, I have to admit that I have gone to the Wal-Mart for one particular item 2 times and forgotten it both. I get so distracted by her, "Ma, Look" I have a hard to time focusing. Wal-Mart makes me ADD anyway. Her too I guess.


 

It is so hard to actually express to you how loud and often this occurs. Like 50 times each trip...Listen for us next time you are in town.


 

The language barrier continues to be there but seems to be getting a little better daily. She will probably wake up one day and speak in full sentences and not just, "I am not a dork..." Which she picked up from her brothers.


 

Life is returning to a normal state, a little at a time. We are always crazy busy in the summer and enjoy it when its here. Hopefully she is enjoying it too. I wonder if she thinks our whole life is like this? She probably thinks that she will have to trip over dirty clothes piles for the rest of her life because I will be behind on the laundry until then. I won't though because what she doesn't know is that at a certain age, reasonable of course, she will do her own laundry...Then I will be free from the chains that bind me to the washing machine day and night. Then she will realize...


 

For the most part, she is doing very well. She is playful and engaging. She likes to go to work with her Ba and draw in her books. She likes pizza and ice cream (I think that she is trying to rot out her remaining teeth.)She is learning how to play the Wii and ride her bike. I think that all in all...things are pretty good here. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment