Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One Bedroom...For Sale

Yesterday marked the third week anniversary of Jacie's arrival home. Three full weeks...wow. It actually seems like yesterday and forever all wrapped into one. I know that your thinking, "Ummmm...It can't be both." Yet, it feels that way...


 

We celebrated the three week anniversary by taking the day and focusing completely on our family. It was so much fun. We hadn't had time to do that since we got back on American soil. We didn't really go far, just did what families do on hot, humid Sundays...swim. She loves to swim and hates to go home. We do not have a pool at home so we beg, borrow and steal for pool time with our friends and neighbors.


 

At some point, we would like to look at getting a pool. With her orthopedic problems, swimming is not only beneficial for her physically, I think it is a nice release for her from the limitations that her legs impose. I wish I had one for her, if you could see the freedom and joy that it brings her, you would understand. I think given time, we will invest in that manner.


 

She seems to be getting more comfortable with the family every day. Today, she let me leave her in the car while I ran in to get something from the shop. She would have never let that happen, even last week. She just didn't know if she could trust that we would come back for her (or she was too nosy and couldn't miss anything)...the first is understandable given her foundation/history and the second...well who isn't nosy?


 

She does not like her room though. I have told Bart that I think it is because I put sooo much into it. Things sometimes work out that way. She sleeps in the hallway between the boys' rooms (so she can see them.) She doesn't even want to go into her room to get dressed. She wants me to always come with her...


 

I think that it is kind of funny because we did put so much time and effort in. I picked her furniture special, made curtains and a blanket and (well, all of the things that you do for a child.)It was also our storage room (as we have no basement or attic.) I told Bart I was going to lug all of the 'storage' back in...she would want her room then, I bet but then I would have to lug it all back out again. I get tired just thinking about it. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment