Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Underwear...For the Whole Campground

I'm back again...I thought you might enjoy hearing a funny story this time (not the scary stories about me w/o sleep.)


 

First, Jacie and I hit a great book sale today...I love books. I know that I have mentioned that I was a little worried about Jacie not being interested in books. That isn't such a big deal until she lives life with us. We are book people...we sleep with our books...dream about them...then get up in the morning and read them again.


 

Seriously, it's an addiction but we all have it. I needn't have worried about her. She had a stack that rivaled a small mountain by the time I cut her off. At a quarter a piece, it is hard to cut her off...but we have been growing out of our house for years and now with LM and all of her stuff, we are out. I was afraid that if I let her get everything she wanted...we would all have to sleep in the camper and let the books have the house, literally.


 

Speaking of sleeping in the camper. We are going camping today. Here's where the funny story comes in. I was trying to explain, in charades of course, that we would sleep in the camper, eat in it, etc. I also 'told' her that she needed to pack her things. I went through the whole list. Pants, shorts, swimsuit, underwear, shirts...you get the idea. She trucked up the stairs (going into her room all by herself, don't tell her) and brought down a loaded down basket. She brought all of the things from her room that she could carry. Pictures of Bart, the boys and I, toys, bags. The whole deal. I thought maybe she thought that we were moving into the camper...maybe she does. Anyway, in the clothes realm, she did good. She brought 2 of each item like I said...except for underwear. I started to pull underwear out of the basket, hand over fist. I counted them out loud..One...two...three...four...five...six...seven. I laughed. She laughed. I shrugged my shoulders asking her "Why?" and she giggled. Counted out three pairs and handed them back to me for the basket. She is pretty detailed (like Loren) with the little bit of excitement (that scurries her mind) like Jared...I like that about her. I think she must have been tailor made for our family. Knowing that makes all of the hard work, intense moments and loss of sleep worth it...Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment