Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Naughty Little Girl and a Mean Mom...

There is not a lot to do today. We think that she might believe we are going to live in this room forever. Poor kid, she is sooooo bored and a little naughty.


 

Yes, the hard part has started. She pushes the boundaries a little right now. Always running ahead and pushing Bart and I away. It doesn't surprise me but being in the hotel room in the middle of a foreign country, it is difficult to figure out what to do.


 

Today I swatted her hand for trying to hit and run away from me. It broke Jared's heart. He told me I was a task master. I told him this wasn't the first display of disobedience and that if we didn't help her understand right from wrong, she would get hurt.


 

Yesterday she ran through the 'parking lot' toward the door of the hotel. She loves the revolving automatic door. I told her to stop and she turned, looked at me and kept going...fast. It is amazing the speed she can go. I couldn't catch her in time but the door almost did.


 

Then today, she ran out of the store and down the steps before Bart could catch her. The steps drop into the road. I got after her and she got pretty mad. Bart told you about the bad guy kids character that she pointed at then at me. Hehehe...


 

She has a lot of spit but is not a bad kid. She just needs to know where the boundaries are and then she will flourish...Especially out of this hotel room.

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment