Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Please Pray

Tonight I had a very scary experience. We went to dinner at the Asian Ramen place next door. The first thing I noticed was the very intense smell. I asked Bart if he could smell it and he said yes and it was sewage. Yum...I knew that I wouldn't be able to eat but I ordered and ate half a plate of chicken fried rice. It was very hot with spices. I finally told Bart that I had to leave the restaurant.


 

After we left and the smell was gone, I felt okay and told Bart I would like to take a walk and see about getting a manicure. In the mall down the road from the hotel I found a manicure place for 10 Yuan (very cheap). After the guy began working on my nails, he had me soak them in what I thought was water...I don't think that it was water anymore. As he worked on my nails, I began to get sick to my stomach. The room began to swim around me and the music in the background sounded like it was under water. My arms became dead weight and I knew that I was going to pass out. I felt myself slipping out of the stool and all I could think is, I am going to pass out and no one will know where I am, or where they take me. I knew that I could not let myself pass out so I pulled myself into a standing position, pushed some money at the guy and tried to walk out of the mall. My plan was to walk toward the hotel in case I passed out, perhaps I could make it there. Then they might know that I was staying there and be able to find Bart.


 

As I walked, I felt better...I was praying the whole time, please let me make it back to Bart, he can help me.


 

Suffice it to say, I did make it back. I can still feel it in my arms, some. I don't know if I got food poisoning at the restaurant or what but please be praying for all of us. Jared is struggling with his asthma, I am starting on steroids tomorrow if he doesn't show marked improvement in the morning. Bart has had a stomachache all day, Loren is struggling with wheat and I...well you've already heard my story. I hope that I am not sick, we are supposed to go to the Great Wall tomorrow.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment