Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Princesses, Her Three Boyfriends and...The Hired Help

Good Morning (or evening for all of you, except Erica and Shannon.) We finally slept through the night, kind of. We did not go to sleep until after 9 pm. Except for naughty Loren who snuck in and took a nap...I jumped on him and then snuggled in his bed with him. That got him up very quickly. He later laid in bed and pretended to sleep, so I snuck in and laid in Jared's bed with the covers over my head...just hoping that no one would notice. They did and I was smashed under a very healthy boy when he jumped on me.


 

That kind of playing makes her laugh. She even laughed at me when I jumped in front of the television and crossed my eyes and waved my hands. But so far that is all we have in contact. She uses me only when she really has to. Like going to the pool. She cannot go with her 'boyfriends,' so I am allowed to help her, maybe. Most of it she does herself. Then she walks through the marble wading pools independently (which makes me nervous because they are marble and ankle full of water. I slip every time.) Her face lights up when she sees Bart and the boys and she runs toward them clapping. Like she was saying, "Whew, you are finally here to save me..."


 

Bart called me the hired help...it is not far off.


 

Last night at dinner, she got in the booth, turned to Bart and smiled, batting her eyelashes and patted the seat next to her. Yup, she's got him...


 

Dinner was good though. We went to the

Ramen noodle house on the corner. We ordered 4 7 Ups and 1 Pepsi. We got 4 Pepsis and no 7 ups. Easily rectified. 4 of us drank Pepsi...


 

Loren was happy, he got Ramen Noodles. He has had a taste for them since Satomi cooked for us in California. Bart liked his food too. I wasn't hungry, so Bart liked my food as well. Jared didn't eat. He has been tired lately and I have to watch his asthma closely. Little Miss drank a Pepsi...that's it, she wasn't hungry. Which is a good sign since she has eaten like a farmhand/logger since she came. Maybe we will be able to afford to feed her.


 

Hope everyone is well. Thanks for walking this journey with us. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment