Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rhinestone and Sequin 'Light-Up' Church Shoes

All three of the kids are laying out on the trampoline and reading. I love to see that. Jacie (of course) cannot read but she is tracing things in her drawing book. That's close enough for me.


 

She does well on her school and seems to be picking up the numbers but is quite a distance from reading. Given time, I am confidant she will enjoy it. I am in no hurry with her. I am traveling uncharted territory here, so I am maneuvering with precision and caution, lest I mess things up.


 

I was proud of Jacie today at Wal-Mart. With great gusto (and in very loud decibels) she said, "Ma, ma...I want."


 

I replied, "Jacie, please don't ask for things." Well, something close to that but understood by her.


 

She later said, "Ma, mommy...I want," thrusting another item under my nose. Before I could say anything, she looked at me and said, "Sorry, mommy" then placed the item back on the shelf. I could have danced for joy. Perhaps, she is beginning to understand that if she lets me do the asking and buying, it works out in her favor usually (when she incessantly asks for things, I rarely say yes.)


 

I am sure that you noticed the use of mommy. This is not a typo. Now, instead of shrieking, "Ma" loudly wherever we go..."Mommy" is her word of choice, though she still shrieks it. I have to say that though I knew the day was coming (where Bart and I would go from Ba and Ma to Mom and Dad) I miss the familiar ring that Ba and Ma had to it.


 

She continues to thrive. I learn a little more about her personality every day. It is like unwrapping a great big Christmas present, daily and I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.


 

I have just begun shopping for Christmas. Those of you who shop on the 24th of December are probably laughing right now...


 

Anyway, I think that she is going to be a little hard to buy for. Having said that, I think there are a million things that she (has asked for) desires but in order to find that thing that really makes her tick...that is where the difficulty arises. She is at a place in her life that she wants everything but knows little about those items. That makes it hard to buy something that will last. I guess I will have to hit the second hand store's toy section...that way if she doesn't like it, little is lost.


 

For those of you who are following regularly, I went to Shoe Show to buy her a pair of brown Mary Jane's for church. While trying on their selection...she spotted a shoe called "Twinkle Toes" put out by Sketchers. They are very cute and VERY wildly printed. Covering most of the shoe are brightly colored peace signs and flowers, etc. The front of the shoe is studded with rhinestones and lights. They really light up and she loved them. In fact, I could not convince her to look at any other shoes. I said, "Jacie, you need church shoes..."


 

She pointed up at the brightly colored box and said, "Church."


 

Pretty cute kid~ She won though and she still doesn't have any brown church shoes. She doesn't have any rhinestone and sequin 'light-up' church shoes either.


 

Maybe that's what she'll get for Christmas...?


 

~Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment