Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Drama Queen and the Laundry Lady


I have sent all of the children outside to do their chores. Whew... It is quiet in here. Well, that was short lived. At least one of them has found me. I need to either find a better hiding place or lock the door next time.

Last night, as I wading through the house I realized that I have a major malfunction in my 'house wifely..." skills. I am always wading through stacks of laundry. All over the place. I do not know what happened but when I went from two children to three, I lost control of the mess and I have been running behind it since. For that reason, I have decided to install two washers and two dryers in my new house. Seriously, I have written it into the plans. That way the kid's clothes never have to come downstairs and ours never has to leave our room. I'll let you know how this works out. I fear that I may have just moved the piles, not taken care of them.

Since I do laundry all of the time, I often come out of the laundry room with a basket under my arm screeching, "I am the Laundry Lady..."

It makes the kids laugh. I am glad my torture brings them such joy. Really.

Jacie is a messy child. That does not help with my house and cleanliness. She plays with things and they are dropped. I feel as though I am always following her around, picking up discards. Jared is the same way so thank heavens I have two hands. That way I can pick-up after both of them at the same time. When I do finally make her come and clean, she does a very nice job but bemoans the labor with such disdain that I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. Then I quickly let that feeling pass and I laugh. She is such a drama queen. "What!?! You want me to pick up my books? All of them?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"I'd like you to do that now."


"Right now?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh! That is too hard."

"No not really."

This could go on for an hour if I let it. It is to her benefit that she is so stinking cute. It probably saves her in quite a few situations. She loves to play and watch the television. She fusses about doing anything that is outside of those two items. She will get her wish though, after her surgery she will be unable to get up and use her left leg for eight [long] weeks. I'll bet we can cure her of her television addiction. It will get old pretty fast. The good news is that she won't be hard to pick up after...

When she recovers, summer should be here and she will be able to get out and run a little. Hopefully that will hasten her recovery. This upcoming surgery is not something that I am looking forward to. She will be in such terrible pain. I wish there was another way. Nope. It must be done. That is what I keep telling myself. She beseeches me with those little eyes full of tears and I go mushy. That drives the boys crazy because I was never like that with them. I think I am getting sappy in my 'old' age.

I had to laugh as I went back through this post. I say that Jacie is a drama queen about cleaning directly after I have poured out my personal laundry saga. I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree.

She continues to grow and develop and for that I am grateful. Continue to pray for her as she walks her journey. The road is not always easy but she will be stronger from it.

Hope that all is well.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment