Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, February 28, 2011

Talking to Myself

Daddy and Jacie within the first couple of days.

In the van on the side of the road in front of the orphanage on the first day.

Yesterday I printed about two hundred and fifty pictures of Jacie. Wow, I couldn't believe that in the span of almost exactly eight months, I had taken that many pictures. Having said that, what I printed was only the best. I didn't print them all. So now you know of another addiction of mine. I am an avid photographer between raising three children, slaying large mountains of laundry and washing enough dishes to keep a small country fed for a week.

I wish you could have been there with me. It was so interesting to walk down memory lane. Let me interject here that Jacie is such a corker; even the lady at the photo department laughed at her dorky pictures. Those, of course, constituting a large portion of them. I have decided to take you all on a trip down memory lane for a while. I remembered while printing that I was not able to post China pictures. There are some that I really think you will enjoy. So for a while I will post some every time I write. You will LOVE today's. Oh, you already saw it probably...

We are getting closer to her surgery date. I get more nervous daily. I was telling a friend that I could not believe how mushy in the middle I have gotten (and I am not just talking about weight here.) When the boys needed medical procedures...I held them down. It was just necessary and I could sort out the necessary and the emotional part. It is so different with her. She looks at me with those little eyes and I prepare to call the doctor and tell him that we won't be needing his services after all. It is that bad.

Of course, I know that this surgery is the best thing for her. I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks she limps terribly (worse than before.) I wonder if it is because the rainy season is on/coming? To put off the surgery any longer has the capacity to do more long-term damage. This is too high of a price to pay. So, surgery it is. She is very strong. So much stronger than when she came. Her little legs were very thin, I can't even explain to you how underdeveloped her muscles were. She tells us now that her legs are fat. Uhmm... She hasn't even hit puberty. Just wait, sister.

Though I do see evidences of early puberty, she has not progressed further in it. I am grateful for that. It would make this surgery that much more awkward. She will be 'off her feet' for eight weeks. Should make for some interesting times. I am not too terribly much of an entertainer and she can't read yet. My full-time job? Reading to her. I love to read to my children but she drives me crazy when I do to her because she is always trying to look ahead. What a turkey.

I am scrap booking an album for her this weekend. I think that she will enjoy looking through it. She always looks through the boys' albums. I am also organizing the rest of her pictures so that they are in regular albums, so she can enjoy them. I am excited to 'get away' for a couple of days. I covet being able to think without the constant running chatter. She is the voice in my head. I probably won't know what to do though and spend the whole weekend in the corner talking to myself or calling home just to hear the children fight.

What an interesting journey we are on. Thanks for coming with us.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment