Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall, Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall


You know how I told you a couple of posts back that I am not a nurse? Well, I proved it yesterday. I had Jacie using her walker while I was walking behind her. She has been doing so well that I turned my back on her for a second...and down she went. I heard her hit before I even knew she was going. Ugghh... What a dreadful thud she made. All I could think was, "Oh, My heavens." After I peeled her off the floor and soothed her tears, I sat down and tried to restart my own breathing. I am not certain if she did any damage or not. She has a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I will go in and confess my role in the big fall and he will probably have to X-ray her hip to make sure nothing was messed up. Man...


She does seem to be okay. We took her to church this morning and she refused to go to children's church. Bart and I decided that it would be a good idea if she went so we took her. She did well. I think. I was not in there with her. I did hear that she was quite vocal about her feelings when the other kids stared at her. She did not like it and let them know. What a turkey! The same Children's Church class that she was 'telling off', spent part of their time last week writing get well soon cards. The cards were really cute. I was touched. I do think that she really likes the kids but I know that in China she was moved from a foster home to the orphanage and that the kids stared at her. At least she didn't resort to the same methods as she used in China...Remember the story about her punching the little boy in the nose?


I can't tell how unique this child is. Yet, she fits so very well with our family. I find that amazing. She has so many facets to her personality, it is hard to keep up much less, translate. She is about 70% fluent now. I am not certain how long it will take to get the last 30%. We seem to be at a stand still. Maybe it just seems that way to us because we are viewing it everyday. All of the people who came in contact with her at the hospital could not believe how advanced her English was for the length of time she has been here. I guess it is all about perspective... We continue to walk forward and for that I am grateful.


~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment