Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Friday, March 18, 2011

She is Heading to Recovery

We have just have been told that Jacie is almost out of surgery. We are now waiting for the Dr. in the consultation room. This is about 2 hours early so I hope that he was able to complete everything. I'll get back into this post and let you know.

Hey- I am sitting in Jacie's room waiting for her to come up. It took awhile to get assigned a room. She is doing okay. She has incredible pain in her foot/leg. The hip (at this point) does not seem to be bothering her. I am certain that when the heavy doses of pain meds wear off, she will be in severe pain. She has had a popsicle and a lot of water. She really wants some food. When she gets up here and is settled, then they will look at trying food. I had to laugh, when she woke up she was in terrible pain but she looked at me and said, "I want ice cream."

Little stinker.

She has a lot of hardware in her. When the doctor met with us and showed us the pictures, it almost made me nauseous. Poor kid. I almost cried when she was whimpering in pain.

I can sure tell that I am tired. In the same sentence I called her a poor kid and a little stinker. Though both are true, I am not sure they fit in the same paragraph.

I made mention of the added break. It looks like it is just above the other one or maybe behind?

The good news is that she is a tough little gal.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment