Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Not Creepy



I have always said that I feel like I am raising triplets and today reaffirms that feeling. The boys, of course, are thirteen and have teenage interests. She is nine and has...Yup, you guessed it, teenage interests...

It is funny to talk about but actually a difficult thing to walk through because she sees that they can sit in the front seat, work for pay and other things that come with being older. She is not allowed to do the same things and gets frustrated with the circumstances often. I know that this is not uncommon for children to walk through in sibling relationships but I am fairly new at the game and feel like I am always having to work on this with her. Ugghh...

She has been enjoying her relationship with her brothers. It seems to be developing and I enjoy watching it. This is not to say that they don't argue- they argue every day. It just seems that they have fallen into a better rhythm with each other. What's the chances that it will last? We seem to cycle through phases here. Some are good. Some are terrible and some are just normal. My prayer is that these three children will form bonds that last them a lifetime. That they will learn how to work within the structure of each other's personalities and forgive when the circumstances require it. I have seen families ripped apart from bickering and the pride that goes with it. I know that my family has a different conformation but my desire is for the exact same thing that other mothers want. We want peace and harmony. We want dedication and trust. We want family bonds.

Jacie and I are going to pick all of the house faucets and lights tomorrow. She will be bored and make things miserable for me and I will get cranky and push us through it. Isn't that how things go sometimes...? I have begun to pre-think about my options to make things run a little more smoothly. Again, best laid plans. We shall see I guess. I am excited to get the needed items in order to free myself up for summer activities. I love free time and am working hard to make sure that I have some.

I am not certain that Jacie enjoys free time. She always wants someone to engage with her. Always. I have talked about this before. I enjoy time to think. I am easy to please and very independent. I have literally trained my boys to be independent from when they were little. Then along comes Little Miss Fancy Pants. Everything changed and my freedom...? Well, What freedom...? The good news is that I know that it is only a season- it will pass and I will want it back. I try to think about that when my mind is screaming for privacy and peace.

I am trying to take this summer and focus on the kids- really talking to them and spending time with them. It is out of my zone because of my loner tendencies but I believe with all my heart it is where I should be. BTW: 'Loner tendencies' sounds a little creepy. I'm not creepy...

I don't think.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment