Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Little Yoda

All of the sudden, Jacie has decided to walk all by herself. I am not sure what triggered her change of heart but no complaints. Granted, she is not running...

I love to see her back on her feet. For awhile, I thought we might not make it. She continues to work her knee and complains about pain sometimes. I watch her walk and she often takes breaks when going across the room. She has taken longer to get on her feet than I thought she would but it is a lot tougher than I knew it to be. She still has to hold onto things to be mobile but we are on the right track.

Yesterday she was so cute. I was outside mowing the lawn and she (having to always be near me or someone...) was outside too. She had tied a bandanna around her neck, had a large stick and a sword. She was limping across the lawn, using her stick as support. All three dogs were following behind her on her expedition. I wished I had the camera on me so you could see it. It was the cutest thing I have witnessed in awhile. She looked a like a little Yoda...

Her language is almost complete now. I would place her at about 80 % fluent. She understands jokes better and is able to talk to just about anyone, anywhere. What a neat place to be in. I have enjoyed watching her journey. It takes a lot of patience to not rush the process and I am not a pro in that venue but I have to say, when I take the time to slow down and watch and listen, it is quite the ride. I couldn't ask to be in a better place with a better kid.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment