Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ya Think?













So I want to quickly throw a blog up since it has been forever since I was on here. I write blogs in my head all week but rarely do I pen them (or type then or write them, in this case.) I wish I were ore diligent... Perhaps I should have my head scanned and put on here...?

Jacie had a doctor appointment this week. I was hoping that he would have her take off her walking cast. Nope. We are stuck with the walking cast through our upcoming trip. I can't tell you how excited that makes this momma. She was so funny at the Dr's office though. She has taken a long time to 'warm-up' to Dr. Nowicki and his resident Dr. Now that she has crossed that threshold...watch out. She laughs it up with both of them, jokes constantly and has become the office mascot, if you will. It is delightful to watch. When she saw Dr. Nowicki in the hallway she tried to 'sneak' past him. Of course, she had a walker and a nurse and myself...

She whispered and giggled while she 'tiptoed' past him. He did catch on and gave her the attention that she so badly was trying to get. Too cute. She was a piece of work the whole 2 1/2 hours we were there. Notice that I put that in bold. I think it took 2 1/2 years off my life...
Just on a side note- she walked out of the Dr's office, through the lobby and to the van wearing a piece of the paper bed liner on her back as a super hero cape. Thank heavens I have no pride left, I think it would have been dented. All of the nurses were saying how cute she was and how lucky I am. This is all true but wow! One of the nurses just shook her head and said, "She definitely isn't lacking in personality..."

Ya think?

Her foot and hip are completely healed. That is good news. She has not learned to walk correctly on her left knee so needs physical therapy. She hyper extended her knee so badly when she came and continues to want to do that. Also she complains that her back hurts if she walks for any length of time. When we get back from our vacation , she will start PT and I think that we will see a marked difference very quickly. I look forward to the day that she is walking again. I worry about her getting comfortable in that posh wheelchair and deciding that it is easier to have the servant push her than walking.

She and Jared went outside to play yesterday and came back drenched. They are tremendous playmates but loud and annoying for the rest of the people in the room so now that the weather is nice...I open the door and boot them out. Well, Jared decided to water fight. Guess who got the worst of it? Yeah, the one in a cast. I included a pic. They are adorable together- especially when you can't hear them...

Hope all is well for you-

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment