Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Sunday, June 5, 2011

What A Little Home Wrecker



I told this story to a couple of you but I have to post it on the blog so that everyone gets the full picture of our lives...

Jacie has gotten to the place where she has decided that she is Bart's wife. This is a constant 'joke' between the two of us since Bart carries her up the stairs to bed. She will say, "Ma, look."

Then she kisses Bart on the cheek and smiles sweetly, "You're my honey, right?" she questions.

To which I promptly throw a big fit about him having two wives. She giggles and laughs- kissing him again. This is an every night thing. On Friday, we were driving to her final post-adoption meeting and she said from the backseat, "Ma, Ba say you 'un'gly. He no want you to be his wife. He want me."

Well, I couldn't let that pass without a fuss so I promptly called Bart and said, "Do you have something you need to tell me?"

"'Uhh..No."

"I think that you do."

"Uhhmm... No."

"I hear that you think that I am 'un'gly and have taken a second prettier wife."

"Oh" he said, "you must be talking to Jacie."

"Yes and I think you have some explaining to do..."

What a little home wrecker, huh?

I laughed so hard. She came up with it at such a random time. She is a piece of work. It has been our standing joke since surgery that daddy has two loves in his life and she is the far superior one. She definitely keeps this girl on her toes.

She is a corker right now. She jokes with everyone. Unfortunately, she thinks some things are funny that have the capacity for getting her into trouble. AND that sassy mouth...

She walked too much on her foot and leg yesterday and has not been able to do any today. She is stiff and sore. So her husband has carried her everywhere. She is in seventh heaven. She will probably claim that he loves her the most because he didn't tote me into church this morning. Thank Heavens.

Can you imagine the eyebrow raising that would have occurred if he had?

She looked adorable in her new dress this morning though she has not completely figured out how to sit like a lady. That is the most noticeable when she is sitting in the front of the church. Enough said?

She is healthy and happy and continues to surprise me daily. I am truly blessed.

~Camo Pants

BTW: She did a 300 piece puzzle almost completely by herself. We framed it for the fair and she was so excited. It appears that she loves puzzles...

No comments:

Post a Comment