Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, June 20, 2011

A Good Year

I am extremely sad to admit that we have barely been home from our vacation and I have broken my finger on my left hand and sprained my right wrist (among other injuries.) I tell you what, I am an accident waiting to happen some days.

We got home on Thursday at 6 pm. We were whipped. We lost six hours on the trip home and hadn't slept at all. The kids and I slept from 8 pm to 12 pm Friday. Sixteen hours straight...

When we got up, I set us to work on the lawns. We had over eight and a half hours of lawn to mow (we hire out to cut a lawn about a mile and a half from the house.) I knew that we would have both mowers running all afternoon and evening. So...Loren went to the house down the road on the driver and I stayed home and push mowed our lawn. It was hot so I went down on the four wheeler and sent Loren home to get a drink, etc. While he was gone, I decided to mow the four foot 'sea wall.' This wall holds back the bank and drops off on the other side. I didn't want him to get hurt mowing it so I decided to do it. Instead of hitting the brake, I hit the accelerator and flew off the wall on the riding mower. Suffice it to say, "I hurt today." Typing is painful and difficult as well.

Yet, as an avid blogger and deeply involved in my topic here, I must write to you about a milestone that was reached this weekend. On June 18th, 2010, we met Jacie for the first time. I remember this scared little Chinese child who limped terribly coming out of that wrought iron gate. How very far we have come from that day. I was telling her today that the day I met her was one of my favorite days of my life. She replied, "Tell me more..."

So I recounted all of the activities that led up to her adoption and culminated the story with the day we met. Her response...?

"Tell me more."

I would love to walk down memory lane with you and tell you more... but my hands are killing me. I can tell you this- I am blessed truly. I am content. The whole story is on this blog and you are welcome to read it.

Originally, I was going to cut off this blog at the one year mark but there is more I want to write about and I feel as though I must continue at least through this summer. We are learning new things everyday and I desire to share them. I will still keep up my other blogs, Summer in the Garden (which should rightfully be renamed, Summer of the Weeds, since I cannot pull weeds anymore and they are taking over.) The other blog I write is the Camo Pants Professor, A Rebel with Class, which is kind of on hold since we are on summer break.

Sorry about the foggy picture in the last blog. The condensation from the ocean settled on my lens and fogged it and I haven't had time to fix it. The picture is of Jacie with her Uncle Tony. They became fast friends when he and his beautiful bride, Satomi asked her to be the 'flower girl/ring bearer' for their ceremony. The way to a girl's heart...

I am hoping that in the next few days my hands will began to feel better and I can really write about the one year milestone and its significance to our family. For now~ God bless~

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment