Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, June 27, 2011

They will Like Me






I am exactly three posts off of two hundred and will be two off when I finish...


You know what that means, don't ya?


I am a TALKER! Like I have to tell you that.


Jacie is standing next to me talking non-stop in my ear and doing a little show and tell about her new found 'development' if you know what I mean. Man, it seems a little early for this...



We are doing well. One year ago today we flew into Chicago with our little Chinese ninja in tow. We were exhausted and had to work our way through immigration and airport security before we began our three hour drive home. I remember thinking, "This is so surreal."


We had flown for over sixteen hours and didn't have our legs under us when we landed. Immigration took awhile but only because there was a line ahead of us. When the man handed the papers back to us, Jacie became a naturalized citizen right there in the airport.. I love that.


One thing that has been on my mind as we pass this one year mark is how well Jacie has taken to the family. I am not just talking about the immediate family- extended as well. Jacie has a positive personality (wrapped in obsessive, complusive...) When she was at the family reunion last week, I said, "Do you want me to introduce you to the kids? "


She replied, "No thanks. They will like me."


Wow! I wish I had that confidence.


Makes me think about when she walked out of the orphanage a year ago...


She says that she was afraid. She didn't know us...


We didn't know her. Look how that turned out.


Yet, I have to say that her confidence is not misplaced. She is right. Everyone likes her.


Truth?


We take it one step further- we love her.



I am blessed.




~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment