Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Monday, April 30, 2012

Blessings

I sit here staring out the window watching the rain come down onto my view for the next 6 weeks... Ugghhh! It seems that when we are in the hospital, we always get the view of the back parking lot. In fact, the Shipping and Receiving entrance sign is my focal point right now!

I can't complain though, somehow we ended up with no roommate. I was a little worried that we would end up with one after I heard of a friend whose daughter went into a rehab therapy hospital and ended up with a baby in her room. That would not be comfortable. We have a lot to be thankful for.

We did not qualify for any form of breakfast, lunch or dinner for me. That means it is income based and we were not in the right bracket. Not a big deal but I would have to buy my food at the cafeteria- about $70. a week. One of the workers talked to the person in charge and got me meal passes for every meal every day. What an incredible blessing~ one that I did not ask for but appreciate very much.

Jacie has transitioned fairly well. There is a lot of new things that are entertaining her right now. I hope that continues. She did a lot of walking for the 20 some people that came to evaluate her. They thought that they might make her ankle and feet braces. My heart sank when the doctor said that because I knew that it would be a big fight to get her into them daily. The physical therapist came in and checked her out an decided that they were not necessary! I hope that doesn't change but for now--insert happy dance.

She had a birthday since I last blogged. I threw her first real birthday party. What a great day. She had some little girls over and did tea with them and their dollies. She was truly delighted with the whole day. I think that it was a good thing for her. She did not have a party last year because she had a broken hip and leg. Having said that, she wasn't on her feet this year either. She had surgery in March and has been laid up since. She loved her birthday presents and money. She definitely is her mama's girl- show her the money and she's happy. She hasn't spent any of it though. I think she likes to carry it and know that she has the option to spend it if she wants/needs something. I am like that. I keep my birthday/christmas money for a long time when I get it- spending it only when I find something that I really like.

Jacie is very happy and well adjusted. She is a little turkey but I guess 'the apple didn't fall far from the tree' on that one. I am blessed that she has the opportunity to get this therapy. I hope that she can learn to walk with a proper gait and take some of the pressure off of her knees and hips. I will keep you updated. BTW- the pic was from Jacie's birthday party. She was all smiles that day, especially when her daddy dropped in unexpectedly. I think it is my favorite pic of her.

~Camo Pants

1 comment: