Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Little Grouchy and A LOT Whiny



I am listening to Jacie laugh as she watches a funny movie. A part of me feels guilty that she is downstairs watching a movie again but I am not certain what else to do with her. She is so grouchy and whiny. Little stinker, she seems to cry at the drop of a hat right now. I wish I knew what to do to fix things for her.

You should see her itching under her cast. It is hilarious. She takes a butter knife and carefully rams it up and down repeatedly- with her leg up over her head. I know that I would never get out of the position if I did what I keep catching her doing. She is quite the flexible gal. It is an interesting sight. AND remember that she is obsessive- so she cannot quit once she has started. I have resorted to taking all of the knives and hiding them so she doesn't accidentally get one stuck in her cast.

Other than that, things are kinda quiet. I need to mow but can't because Jacie is downstairs, the boys are working somewhere else and I can't hear Jacie if I am outside. She would be stuck and not able to get to the bathroom- which would never due. So I chose to blog. That relaxes me anyway...

Jacie did school fully yesterday. I haven't been able to motivate her very well and yesterday was no exception. She came to the table and hung her head like she was exhausted. Then she couldn't barely finish her math. Well, you know the drill. I took care of it pretty quickly though by offering her the help that she needed. I told her that if she did not do her work correctly there would be no television. AMAZING...the change took over her and she was able to finish. My, my.

I am excited for her birthday party which is coming up. On the 28th she will be 10 and we are having a very small group of girls over for tea. It should be pretty fun. I think that the change of pace will help Jacie. She had a friend over and they played very nicely together. Hopefully it is enough to carry her through the rehab because 2 days later we leave.

I cannot wait to see what comes out of our time at rehab. It is an amazing gift for Jacie to have this opportunity and I am blessed that God saw fit to place me and her in the place.

~For that I am grateful~

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment