Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, April 14, 2012

Living in the Shadow of Rehab



Uhhmm...

I love days like today. The rain is pouring outside, the kids are entertaining themselves and I am sitting in the living room blogging to my heart's content. Okay, then I woke up. Truthfully, the kids are arguing, I have been called away from the computer for an emergency several times and I need to clean but here I sit. I have exactly 2 weeks before I leave with Jacie for the rehab hospital- I should be working. I should be making sure that things are done around the house so that things run smoothly in my absence. Yet, I sit here blogging. What can I say?

Jacie is a little grouchy. I am certain it is because she has been cooped up in her chair for over a month. That has not made a friend out of her. She doesn't understand the whole process but realizes that it is not over yet.

I have to admit, I have had a terrible time schooling her. She is simply not motivated to complete her work and strays to the sofa. When there, she just wants to watch television. I think that she has slumped into a little depression. I have been trying to think of ways to bring her spirits up but I think that it will simply take getting her back on her feet. So we wait~

I am a little curious about how our time will be spent in the hospital. It seems that I will be Jacie's handmaiden. She will have my undivided attention until I am forced to go out of my mind... Drama, drama, drama. I doubt that I will go out of my mind. I will just think about it. Jacie is going to difficult to entertain for 6 weeks straight but I am creative and if all else fails, I will call in reinforcements. So be prepared.

For the most part, we are doing so well. There is so much going on at our house and I love the hum of having things to do and people to see. Spring certainly speeds up our schedule. Jacie is missing part of the fun by being confined to the wheelchair. Hopefully, this is her last time for awhile. I guess time will tell. I am blessed, truly.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment