Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Girl Party Every Night



I sit here tonight listening to the banter of the kids in the other room and am in total awe of where I find myself. I have said before and will again, I am sure- I am blessed. It sounds like such a simple statement but the truth behind it is the part that gets me.

Jacie is on the mend. She is able to take care of some of her needs. By some, I mean very few but at least she can get herself to the bathroom. That helps. We have just passed the three week mark for being casted. We have three more and then Jacie and I move to GR for rehab. Uhmm...Not much to say about that. I am not certain even I understand how that will go. I have to admit, I think that I will suffer from boredom though. I love time to hole up [by myself] and write or read. I often take myself away from the family in the evening and blog for a mental break. Guess what!!?! Jacie and I will SHARE A ROOM. It will be like a girl party every night for 6 straight weeks. I believe that another Uhhmm.... is in order.

Someone asked me what I am going to do to keep her busy...? My answer...

Well, I think I said something like, "I hope that rehab is directly connected to the psychiatric ward of the hospital so that I can go for a tune-up every couple of hours."

I always joke that I will end up licking the wallpaper in the psychiatric ward because of my children. Perhaps this will make it true...

I suppose that I will enjoy my home and the luxury of a door to keep out the children's voices even more when I come home. Just a little something to look forward to~

Honestly, for all my kidding about this upcoming 'trip,' I am truly grateful that Jacie has the opportunity to try and learn to walk correctly. There was a beautiful little girl in Dr. Nowicki's office the last time we were there. She was 10 years old and in a wheelchair. I struck up a conversation with her mother (okay, in my defense- we waited over an hour to see him.) Anyway, she told me that her daughter was born with Spina Bifida and would never have the privilege of walking or running. Let me tell you- it is a privilege. If you ever had a doubt, look into the face of that beautiful child. Then you will know how lucky you are. That little girl left with the exact same casting that Jacie did except Jacie's was to enhance her abilities- the other little girl's was to stop the atrophy that was causing muscle pain and fatigue.

What an interesting journey God has taken our family on. We would have never been able to plan what he has brought into our lives nearly as well as he has.

~For that I am grateful~

Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment