Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Wednesday, December 26, 2012

This Is So Great


What a wonderful holiday season that Jacie has had. Last night she danced around her room singing, "I love Christmas. This is so great!"

How cute she was. She received some new items for her bedroom and is now spending time in her room enjoying them. I love this. She has come so far. It was only 2 1/2 years ago that she wouldn't even go into her own room by herself. Now she has a beautifully comfortable room, way to many toys and books and a drawer full of writing and drawing materials- right down her alley. How quickly time flies and change occurs.
Jacie is incredibly smart. This holiday break, she got her first very large Lego set and put it together all by herself. So awesome. She was very serious about her work on it. She sat at the kitchen counter and followed the instruction books to the letter. Loren only had to help her a little bit when she got stuck. She is also quite capable in Math. On Friday I need to go and find some new school books for her because she is not ready to move to her grade level because she does not read but is out of the 1st and 2nd grade books that I got her for this school year. She flies through the material. I am looking to move her into multiplication. Just a little winter activity to keep me busy~

I posted last time that I am considering writing this blog into a book. What do you think? I stand back from the life I am living and think, "This is pretty normal stuff. Why would anyone want to read a book about it?"

Yet, its not normal. It is different. It takes special thought and care. Though normal is my goal it is something that I strive for daily. It does not come easy. Is that worth the pages that a book would be printed on or the cyber space that it would take up? The questions that spin through my head are what keeps me in stalemate when it comes to this new 'career.'

I hear the laughter of my children in the background. We are healthy and happy as we look to the new year. For that I am grateful~

CP

No comments:

Post a Comment