Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013


It is so quiet in this house that one would find it hard to believe that there are seven kids tucked away sleeping off the effects of a late night ringing in the new year. 2013...already. This year will have a lot of first and lasts marked within its 365 days. How exciting to ring in a new year. It seems so fresh.

We have had an amazing holiday. Jacie is now 10 and 3/4. She appears to be in her prime when it comes to enjoying the magic of the season. She has moved past her initial shyness of extended family members and takes the many Christmas routine that we attend in stride. She is doing so well. What an amazing story she has. One of triumph, grace and healing- exactly what this season stands for.

I would love to tell you of grandiose plans that I have for her in 2013 but my planning is much simpler- normalcy. I have been dedicated to the concept of a normal life for Jacie in 2012 and will continue to carry the torch. She will have at least one surgery this year. Hopefully it is fairly minor and will not lay her up very long. I call it a band-aid surgery. She should leave the hospital with only a bandage or two but no casts and crutches. It will give the appearance of missing something since for the last two years she has had major surgery in March. Perhaps she will do the normal 10 year old thing and break her arm...

Just kidding- we would love a year without major surgery. Two years ago in March, she had her left leg broken at the ankle and hip (orthopedic.) One year ago in March, they went in and removed all of the hardware and casted her in a sitting position to reteach her to walk with the correct gait. 2013...a year of rest. Except she does need braces on her teeth. Dental work is always fun!

There is so much that I want Jacie to experience in life. I want to teach her to live fully.I want to teach her how to love without judgment but most of all I want to teach her that God had a plan for her. He has marked her as one of his own. Those are my goals for the 2013. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. For that I am grateful everyday.

~CP

No comments:

Post a Comment