Jacie has been home for 2 1/2 years. She was adopted from the Special Needs Chinese Adoption Program at the age of 8 years old. She is learning and growing in her forever family~



Saturday, September 27, 2014

Anyone Looking for a Free Rabbit?

It is amazing to me how quickly this year has flown by. Summer came and went before I had the time to kick back and enjoy the break. Jacie did summer swimming this year. She really enjoys her time in the water and has taken to swimming both the summer and winter seasons. We are right on the edge of starting the fall/winter swimming season. It floors me how quickly these seasons run together. There is a part of me that would like to roll a couple of these minutes up and pocket them for later. In between all of our time spent at the pool, Jacie has been raising rabbits, goats and her horse. She adores spending time outdoors with her animals. She got very attached to her 'market' rabbits this year. So attached, in fact, that we ended up bringing them home with us. I'd laugh but the thought of those six rabbits living the next 7 or 8 years in the lap of luxury could actually bring tears to my eyes. Suffice it to say, "She will not be raising market rabbits again."


Anyone looking for a free rabbit? We have extra.

You can see by the picture that Jacie now has braces on her teeth. This was a big deal. She did not handle things like that very well. The thought made her panic. She has a difficult time accepting change and tends to fight it. Time has passed though and she is okay- just like her mama said. We will see how she swims with all of that metal and paraphernalia in her mouth. She cannot even close her lips. I would think that would make her suck water...? I guess time will tell. If she sinks to the bottom of the pool from all of the extra weight in her mouth or holds water and goes under- I hope someone takes the pool skimmer and fishes her out.

She would not find any humor in this blog. I can just hear her, "Mom, why do you tell everyone everything?" Insert a sigh and slight eye role. Yes, she is 12. Hard to believe that in 6 months she will be a teenager.

Doesn't seem fair that time moves so swiftly sometimes. I only hope that this blog will help me remember all of those precious times.

Thanks for stopping in~

Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment